Rewire Services

Aluminum Wiring

The reasons a house may need to be rewired can vary.  Often times it may be necessary for safety and preserving the function of your electrical system. If your house was built in the 1960s or 70s it’s likely that aluminum wiring was used. Aluminum wiring is particularly bad because it expands and contracts at a very fast rate, causing connections to loosen over time, which can potentially lead to a fire. On top of that, when dissimilar metals touch, the reaction will eventually lead to oxidation. In your wiring system this will be the case when aluminum wire and copper wire are touching in a connection.

Electrical Rewiring Services in San Jose California - Drummond

Old Wiring

Things wear out over time; your wiring system Is no exception. With heavy constant use, insulation will deteriorate and the conductivity of the wire will lessen. With no insulation on the wire, it makes it more likely that your system will arc.  According to the United States Fire Administration (USFA) “Todays electrical demands can over burden the home, putting it a higher risk for an electrical fire. The USFA also notes that “Eventually, given enough time, any home can be at risk of an electrical fire as wire insulation ages, connections loosen, receptacles and switches come loose or wear out, and oil and dirt cause electrical components to overheat”.

Repairing of old Wiring Service in San Jose

Knob and tube Wiring

During the time of horse and buggy knob and tube wiring was used, starting in the 1880s and ending in the 1930s. IT’s true, if your home is still standing and has knob and tube wiring in it, it has stood the test of time, However, you still may want to consider updating it. First, it’s not grounded, so electrical shock is more likely, Second the conductors are not very well insulated, and the fabric around the wire is flammable.

Sizzling and Popping Noises service in San Jose

Sizzling and Popping Noises

If you hear sizzling or popping noises in your outlets or switches, this is a sign that something is burning and that your electrical system is arching. Upon hearing this, it’s a good idea to consult an electrician for a detailed inspection.

Burnt Electrical Switch plates and Outlets

If you notice brown or black marks inside your outlets or on your light switch cover plates, it likely your wire is shorting. To avoid these dangerous plugs and switches becoming a fire, consult us now for a solution.

Burnt Electrical Switchplates and Outlets service in san Jose

Call Us For Your Electrical Problems